Frequently Ask Questions…
What is an Apostille Stamp and where is it obtained?
- “The Apostille stamp” (as it is called in the United States of America and most countries) in most cases is a document affix to your original legal document (Birth certificate, divorce and un-married certificate) obtained by ones birth state Secretary office with the heading Department of State *APOSTILLE* followed by (Convention de La Haye du 5 Octobre 1961) It proves the authenticity of the “legal” documents that is being provided. It is a requirement for all foreign documents.
- In Canada it is called “The Authentication Stamp” and is obtained from the Dutch Consulate Office in Canada. (please note for Canadians) The documents must first to sent to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for Legalization and then to the consulate for the Stamp. It proves the authenticity of the “legal” documents that is being provided. It is a requirement for all foreign documents.
What is the time period to submit the Legal Documents?
- All documents MUST be originals and not older than three (3) months within obtaining and submitting them to the Island government office. This should be in the possession of the local wedding planner, no later than four (4) weeks prior to the actual wedding date for civil marriages and two (2) weeks for renewal of vows/religious/symbolic marriages. The Original documents will be returned to the couple upon completion of the marriage.
How do I register my Marriage in my Home Town?
- Once you receive your original and translated legal marriage license from your planner, upon your return to your home state. Please take the two documents to your local marriage office and have it officially registered.
Is the Marriage License Legal back in my Home Town?
- Yes, the marriage license given by St. Maarten local government office is a legal document and accepted throughout the United States/Canada and Other foreign countries.
What is the Denomination of the Clergy?
- If you have a specific choice as per your religion, please be as kind as to inform us we have a list of clergies available to perform your ceremony.
Can we write our own vows?
- Most certainly, you can write your own vows to complete your special day. However, please be sure to inform us of your intent so that we may provide the clergy within a good time frame as to limit the chances of surprise (to everyone)
What are the choices of ceremony locations, the clergy will go?
- The ministers will go to almost any location of your choosing.
Why do I need to hire a Destination Wedding Planner?
- Planning a destination wedding may be quite tedious, because it is not in your home town. Do you have the resources to make sure the vendors that you choose are reputable? Will you get enough information about your selected location and the true logistics? An on-Island destination wedding planner will keep things moving along so that there is no confusion about what is supposed to happen next. An independent, experienced, trained, qualified and certified Wedding Planner/Coordinator is the answer to all your wedding planning needs and problems that may arise.
Is there experience, qualified and certified planners at your company?
- Yes, at Celestial Weddings and Events there are experienced, trained, qualified and certified Wedding Planner/Coordinators.
The possibilities are endless!